Instrumental Music In Worship
Welcome to our special page to study the question of instrumental music in worship!
To listen to the sermon, “The Sound of Music: Instrumental Music in churches of Christ” online click on the title in below.
- The Sound of Music: Instrumental Music in churches of Christ
- Question and Answer Night - Instrumental Music
Click on the articles and links below to read and learn more about what God requires in worship and why we believe the Bible teaches instrumental music in the worship of God is simply not right.
- Can Man Worship As He Pleases?
- It is a Matter of Bible Authority
- The New Testament Pattern
- God Said “Sing”
- Are Instruments Justified as An Aid To Singing?
- Learning from the History of the Instrumental Music Controversy among Brethren
- I don't agree with what is happening but I'm not leaving ....
- Ethan Longhenry’s page has excellent material on faith and instrumental music, plus he deals with a number of common objections like “what about song leaders and song books” and “we are singing, we are just singing and playing.”
- Instrumental Music in Worship: Does God Want Singing or Playing Instruments? - excellent study from Gospel Way - discusses why instrumental music is not pleasing to God today, deals with common objections like “it’s an aid” and “the Greek allows it.”
- What did early Christians believe about using instrumental music in worship? - this article documents what early Christians believed about instrumental music in worship, as well as documents how men like Charles Spurgeon and John Wesley opposed instrumental music in worship. Some have said no one, without a church of Christ background, would ever conclude that instrumental music is wrong. See the truth for yourself!
Have questions about this material? Click here.